Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Made a discovery



The human body will bounce, and let me tell you it's not fun.

Okay, here's the deal... I went up and down those stairs a hundred times during the Christmas holidays and didn't even have a stumble... going down last night to tell Ronnie about the rooster chasing Lexie back to the van... one foot shot out about halfway down and the last six steps were pounded with my butt. Ronnie was scared to death and all I said was... "That would have been easier ten years ago when I had more padding.

This morning it isn't funny. Black and blue cheeks... the ones that nobody kisses... must have hit back because bruise across lower part... aching shoulder and scraped thumb on right hand.

I think I might have learned that the time it takes to put on shoes before going down stairs is well worth it.

No comments: