Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wrestling, cupcakes and thunder storms..




That is what my Friday night was filled with... wrestling with Kane, grandson, who said I was really strong for a 98 year old granny... I'm not 98 but I am stronger than a 11 year old :)

Turned the kitchen over to three grandchildren and had ugly, yummy cupcakes.

We also watched and old movie... "Baby's Day Out" they loved it and we all laughed and ate donuts from Krispy Kreme.

Early Saturday morning... like at 3 am.... we had a thunder storm with hail and lots of thunder... I don't mention the lightning because that doesn't scare kids but thunder does... Ella creeps into our bedroom and says... "It's thundering and I'm scare." Granddaddy..."Coming get in bed with us." No more sleep with flopping child in your bed. Kane never knew it was storming... Lake said the next morning that she had been scared too but she figured that it if a tornado came it would have blown our room away too and she didn't want to leave Kane alone. Ahhhhh

I take all the hugs and kisses I can get because the day is coming that I won't see them as much. Jase is coming tonight to spend the night but only because she is scared the storm tonight will be bad and I have a basement.

Here's hoping you're as strong as a 98 year old granny, love ugly cupcakes and you're a shelter to your loves from any storm.

1 comment:

Irene Latham said...

Ugly,yummy cupcakes with grandkids is a good, good thing!