Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Rainbows and barns


Rainbows always make me think of peace and reaching the end of a journey. I get this flutter in chest as if my soul knows God is speaking.

Old barns always make me think of when I was growing up and how all the cousins played in the barn. How I would climb the ladder to the hay loft and not be able to climb down... have I told y'all I'm scared of heights? How we would climb under the crib to get to Ginger's puppies. She had a litter every spring. We would build scarecrow bandits and have a hanging... I was always the Sheriff. My horse, Cookie, loved it when we played Hang the Bandits, she would run when we slapped her rump but she wouldn't stop. I look back and see how smart she was... wouldn't you run too if anywhere from 4 to 14 kids were crawling all over you?

I hope this picture makes you search your memory for a time when a rainbow made your heart flutter or when you had a good time with friends.

No comments: