Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I was hoping to keep these for great grandbabies...



but it looks like my grandbabies and friends are going to ride them until they are grown and married. That is okay with me. My granny would always tell me and my cousins... you're only a kid for a short period of your life, enjoy it.
My granny was such a special person and she help shape me into the person I am today. She was the one that show me how we should give to others because by doing so we harvest happiness for ourselves. She raised 8 children, my dad was her only son, and every one of them acted like they were the only child. How can someone make each child feel so special they feel secure enough to act spoiled and rotten???
I remember one evening my dad came home with a plate full of fried apple pies. Mom asked him why he brought the entire plate home and didn't leave any for his parents. Dad said, "Mother can cook them more."
He didn't leave one pie for them and he didn't feel bad or like he should have. I love my Dad but he is spoiled, even at 82.

1 comment:

Irene Latham said...

You are exactly this kind of granny to YOUR grandkids! Love it.