Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saying Good-Bye to Beverly



She was known to the world as Beverly Barton, author. I've read her books from Yankee Lover (her first book) to her mystery fiction. My favorite series was "The Protector"... lordy those guys were heart stoppers.

But I met Beverly before her first book was published. I groomed her cocker spaniel at my shop in the eighties .... well in truth I groomed her cocker in the nineties too.

Beverly was more than a famous author, she was a true example of southern grace and charm. She always had a smile on her face and witty soft words to say about any given topic.

She will be missed by friends, family and even people like me that knew her sightly. My deepest sympathy goes out to her family.

1 comment:

Sheila Renfro said...

She was always so helpful to aspiring writers, too.