Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sometimes you turn your... rump to problems


How about that for a choice word... but the picture reminds me that how you look or don't look at problems makes a difference to how you solve them. In truth the one facing you is the one that will have the most trouble solving her problem. You can face a problem and still ignore it.

Okay I know what everyone is asking, what is Pat's problem... Well.. I'm having a problem finding time to write. Its not that I don't have enough time, it's like I don't because I don't want to review what I wrote yesterday and start from where I ended yesterday. I find myself thinking about new manuscripts and new Ideas!!!

April 1st is the day. I will not write any short stories or articles until I've written at least 100 words on Burning Bridges. I will not research or blog (good grief that hurt) until my 100 words are written.

3 comments:

Irene Latham said...

Ahh, yes... those seductive new ideas.... pulling for you!!

Anonymous said...

Leave them ideas alone, Pat! Best I remember, Emma's standing outside with an ax in her hand chopping up a Christmas tree. Time to bring her in, don't you think?

Gail said...

I can so relate to the time issue! As for problems... my take on the photo is the only one who will solve the problem is the one who faces up to it and works through it, head on. Turning one's back doesn't make the problem go away, it's just out of sight. Of course, for me, the one who has the sight problem, means even if I'm facing it head on, I probably STILL can't see it!!! LOL