Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I think I'll go shopping for biniki today


Or not! I got up to a balmy 28 degrees this morning and felt excited not to need a heavy coat to feed the dogs. Have you ever notice how weather affects our mood. If it's rainy, we're a little grumpy and frown more but if the sun is shining we smile and all is right with the world. When the temp is freezing our instinct to be den animals get stronger and we huddle in one place.
A interesting tidbit, someone on the Mid-South listserv asked if anyone knew who said “I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you.”
Tom Cruise in the movie Top Gun
In the movie Dr. No they said "we could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you" and a CIA character on M*A*S*H said something close to this quote. Hummmm who said it first.
"I see NOTHING! I know NOTHING!" is one of my favorite. Schultz on Hogan Heroes always said that

2 comments:

Sarah Campbell said...

Recently I told my mom that if I told her the subject of my as-yet-unwritten picture book, I'd have to kill her. She didn't think it was so funny.
:)

Evelyn said...

Hi Patricia! Enjoyed visiting your site. That's a beautiful picture of the horses! And what a fun surprise to see my upcoming books listed in your sidebar. Oodles of thanks to you!! Ev