Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Dog is Crazy


Lexie is out in the sleet and snow, throwing her ball (herself) and running to catch it. I know it's a sad scene, but I'm not going out in the cold, wet, slick yard to throw the ball. I guess it's a good thing I taught her to entertain herself. :)

I am the mother of a 40 year old child today. Happy Birthday Melissa Anne or as her husband calls her Missy Mean... she takes after her father that is way she has that nickname.

I've been working on a short story about a dog I lost about 18 months ago. She was a special one and was only 15 months old when she died. Acute pancreatitis is what the vet said. Nothing I could do... a blood clot broke loose and hit her heart. I still miss her but Lexie has craved a place in my heart. Different personalities but special in different ways. This picture is a picture of Jazz just a few weeks before she died. My oldest granddaugther took the picture... Cool don't you think.


Word for today: release -- to set free from restraint, confinement, or servitude; to let go' dismiss' to relieve from something that confines, burdens, or oppresses

I didn't want a new puppy but when I saw her my heart release the pain from losing my old dog and made room for Lexie.

1 comment:

Amy Jane said...

aw I miss Jazz too! but Lexie is a sweet loving dog. I have decided that when I get a dog after i move out I am going to get an Austrailan Sheaperd.