Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Help I've fallen and I can't get up


Well I'm sure the title got your attention ... evil grin... I've fallen into a rut and I can't seem to be able to roll, crawl, pull or get anyone to help me out. I had a really harsh conversation with myself today and here is the results

1. I will not say "I'm old." anymore... age is a state of mind and if you say it ... well you will be it

2. I've become cynical and sharp spoken... okay I've always been this but I'm worst... I'm going to start living by my Granny's motto "If you can find something good to say, don't say anything."

3. I've stopped making to-do lists.... I will start doing that again

4. I will make goals and move toward them.... it's so easy to glide instead of paddle

2 comments:

Amy Jane said...

Daddy will never be old. You know why? He is a kid at heart. Every Saturday morning at breakfast (we go to Bojangle's and eat before I head to the Animal House) he has me cracking up and trying to act like a mother because he acts like a kid and tries to be as unserious (I know that's not a word but it should be) as possible. I know I will never truly be old (except in looks) because I have a feeling I am gonna be just like him. I guess what I am saying is I agree with you. Being "old" is mental, and the way you and Daddy and Jimmy joke around at Wednesday breakfast, none of yall are old! :)

Marilyn said...

Of there was a like button, I'd use it.