Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Beauty after the storm





There have been amazing pictures posted at face book of Hurricane Irene. Isn't funny when a storm is named after someone you know, it takes on that person's personality.

Thus... I love that word thus... makes you sound Shakespearean... anyway this storm has made me think of my friend Irene. Every time reporters talked about how violent, destructive, relenting, massive I've thought it can't be... it's named after the sweetest, most caring, quiet person I know. If they ever get to the P's and there is a storm named Patricia... look out world.

These pictures are the skies of Irene off North Carolina. The photographer gave permission to use if the user would included her web address. She is an amazing photographer so I'm happy to pass it on.

www.valerieschooling.com

1 comment:

Irene Latham said...

Yes, and while Hurricane Irene was roaring, this Irene has been extra-quiet! Working working working. But. Got something for you today. Not telling.
And yes, if there is a Hurricane Patricia, I will not wait for the call for evacuation to get my self outta here. :)
p.s. my father comes tomorrow. Yippee!