Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Are you part of the herd or a rouge?



Do you feel like you're a dull, blend-in type person? That people don't see you because you're invisible? Do you stay close to the herd were you feel protected?
I say... Break free
Kick up your heels and run!
Jump the things that would hold you back and feel the wind in your face.
There is nothing wrong with staying with the herd as long as you know in your heart that if you wanted to break free you could.
I'm the dot on the horizon, running against the wind. I'm the pounding hooves and flying mane that is out of focus to the human eye.
I race myself for the pure pleasure of knowing I can do better and when I slow to a walk, I return to the herd knowing it will only be a matter of time before the spirit calls my name again and I will answer it without hesitation.

1 comment:

Gail said...

In unfamiliar places and crowds, I'm part of the herd. But put me somewhere known and I'm out there. I guess I should try to the reverse, huh!