Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Friday, January 5, 2018

Spiritual Journey First Thursday 2018

Yes I know it's Friday... Yes I'm bad because I could have posted yesterday but I went to see a sick friend and it was soooo cold just for that short trip, I wrapped up on the couch with a book, then the sandman visited me and when I woke up it was supper time, feeding time etc
Forgive me Margaret.

Be sure to check out Margaret blog as she gets us started on the new year.

We're talking about our word for the year.  I did not do justice to my word last year so I'm using it again this year.





My word is "Junket"
  1. 1.
    a dish of sweetened and flavored curds of milk, often served with fruit.
  2. 2.
    an extravagant trip or celebration
    synonyms:excursionoutingspreetripjaunt;


Life is a junket if you're willing to take the trip.... there is always a dish of goodness if you look for it.

Extravagant trip can be anything that involves adventure and we celebrate the fun, knowledge and growth the journey presents.

I'm going on a trip of personal growth this year and I'm starting great by being a day late but me time is part of that growth. Not an excuse ... well maybe a little one.

I will be on a trip training my new puppy, Lottie Mae, and I need to thank my family and one special friend... Irene for giving her to me for Christmas.  She has been a great joy, such a character 

She's the little one looking at the camera and doesn't have the look of discuss on her face,the other two rather not get their picture made

This is at my shop and they are not happy being in big dog pen.  I'm a dog groomer for those of you that might know and the girls go to work with me every day.  Most of the time they get the run of the shop but when we're busy they have to get out of our way.  






6 comments:

Carol Varsalona said...

Patricia, "Life is a junket if you're willing to take the trip.... there is always a dish of goodness if you look for it." What a great thought, so positive! May this year your one word take you on a wonderful trip of finding the goodness in life. We all need multiple doses of goodness to spark our journey. Share some of your stopovers with us throughout the year.

Irene Latham said...

I'm glad you're giving junket another go! Lottie Mae is adorable! Thanks for all these delicious tidbits. xo

Ramona said...

Ohhh, I love your word! And the alliterative connections of junket with journey and jaunt. These are all delightful words. And when I clicked on the photos, I was intrigued to see a Junket book by Robert McCloskey. I'm off on a jaunt to see if my library has it. And I'll be looking for more pics of Lottie Mae accompanying you on a journey or two!

Margaret Simon said...

Junket is a new word for me. Ha! It goes well with my word, Explore.

Violet N. said...

What a great idea--to use your word for another year, especially when that word is "junket."

I love this: "Life is a junket if you're willing to take the trip.... there is always a dish of goodness if you look for it."

It looks like you're off to a good start with those personable dogs!

Doraine said...

Jaunt. Expedition. Journey. Such wonderful descriptive words, but junket is just the best and I'm so glad you let yourself keep it for another year. Enjoy the journey.