Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Here comes the rain... and the wind

Don't you just hate it when you get mixed blessings.  We have been praying for rain and Friday afternoon we got it... boy did we get it. 
The lightning, the rain and the WIND!!!
No damage at my house but some of my neighbors were not as lucky.  Irene and two of her boys were visiting and thought I was a mad woman when I said in a stern voice... "Get to the basement!" When I saw the sky turn orangey pink, the trees bending then twist the other way and lightning danced across my front yard... no really it danced along the top of the ground.. I knew something was going to happen. 

The pictures are of the school about three miles from my house.  Trees were down everywhere.  But we really did need the rain.

No comments: