Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's not how you leave but how you land


Writing a novel is like taking a jump. It's not the beginning of the novel that is scary but the ending. When you approach a jump you have the same feeling you have when you start a novel, excitement.. butterflies in your stomach. The brief moments in the air goes from joy to fear... your heart pounding lump in your throat fear. Then you land and you're back to joy. I'm in the air with the jump under me. Will my novel falter, crash and burn or will I reach the other side. We'll see.

2 comments:

Irene Latham said...

No doubt about it: you will reach the other side! Keep jumping, girl!!

Lemur said...

Beautifully put!

And there's nothing like the wonder of saying, "I did it!" When you reach the other side.

The CRITTER Project and Naked Without a Pen