Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Spiritual Journey First Thursday for August

How many times have you said... "I wish I could start over.  I would do things different."  
You're wishing for a new beginning.  Check out Julianne's web page and read about her "New Beginnings" 



Stop and think about it, every step is a new beginning. 

 Heck, every breathe brings you to a new place.  



So instead of new beginnings, I like to say a new awareness of life.  




When I was young everything was in the moment... let tomorrow's worries wait until then but as I got older I pondered on tomorrow.  Such a waste of time.  

 Now I'm older enough to realize you should cherish what you have.... right now...love your life...NOW... plan for a future but not at the expensive of today.  





Take today's steps slowly and relish where they take you... because you might not walk them again. 


7 comments:

Irene Latham said...

This is an important reminder to me to not take things for granted... things like antique shopping with a dear friend. :) Thank you for sharing your wisdom... one step at a time is such an important reminder when I am feeling overwhelmed by things. See you soon! xo

Ramona said...

"One step, one breath, one moment at a time." Take today's steps slowly and relish where they take you. Thanks for the reminder to be aware and savor today.

Violet N. said...

What a wealth you've given us to think about, Patricia.

I love this line: "Now I'm older enough to realize you should cherish what you have.... right now...love your life...NOW... plan for a future but not at the expense of today."

I still need to get "older enough" to consistently put that into practice! Thanks for this.

Julieanne said...

Your thoughts on beginnings as we live life are so true. Valuing our beginnings and our process as we move through life become all the more precious.

Doraine said...

I'm with Violet. That line about cherishing what you have right now is so true. Such wisdom! I loved reading through all the thoughts you posted. Thanks for sharing.

Carol Varsalona said...

Take today's steps slowly and relish where they take you... because you might not walk them again. - How true, Patricia! This month's topic has everyone on the road to reflection and that is a good thing. I love your inspirational quotes and the nudge to live life to the fullest everyday.

Donna Smith said...

Sorry I'm so late getting here! I guess I HAVE been living life to the fullest - grandchildren are here so moments count double! Thanks for all the wise words!