Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thankful for the little things

I've always liked my cell phone but todayI'm thankful I  have one because I would never talk to my grand kids if I didn't have one... well lets reword that statement... not really talks but  text and iMessage ...sadly their granddaddy is still in the dark ages ( their words not mine) and he only talks to them when they need him to do something for them.... Like pull their horse to school so they can ride in parade.

I'm thankful for " Talking Football" because it is something Ronnie and I both enjoy watching and the news but that doesn't count.

I'm thankful for my chickens because they make me get out on mornings I want to be a hermit in a shell.  And they're so much easier than the horses to care for... Except of course when dogs come around and kill half of them.

I'm thankful I have a job where they let me work two days.. Just enough for spending money...and don't pressure me to work more.

I'm thankful I'm still able to work.

I'm thankful for a warm bed, plenty of food, and bag-lady-reject clothes (that is what my friend Sheila calls my wardrobe) I'm thankful for my health and most of all I'm thankful that I have people in my life that loves me just like I am without trying to change me.

I would not be good being anyone but me.   I'm really good at being ME!



No comments: