I write this little article every month for a local kid's newspaper ... I do it for free.. this is October's submission. See how many you get right.
Election Day November 6, 2012
1. Only one President of the United States was not affiliated with a political party when elected to office. Who was it?
A. George Washington
B. John Adams
C. John Taylor
D. James Knox Polk
2. When the Democratic-Republican Party spit, one part formed the Democratic Party of today and the other part formed what party?
A. The Federalist Party
B. The Republican Party
C. The Whig Party
D. None of the above
3. Who was the first elected Democratic Party president?
A. Andrew Jackson
B. Thomas Jefferson
C. John Quincy Adams
D. Millard Fillmore
4. Who was the first elected Republican Party president?
A. Zachary Taylor
B. John Tyler
C. Abraham Lincoln
D. Ulysses S. Grant
5. Only two elected Presidents of the United States refused their presidential salary, George Washington and who was the second?
A. Theodore Roosevelt
B. Woodrow Wilson
C. Harry S. Truman
D. John Fitzgerald Kennedy
6. What is today’s salary for the President of the United States?
A. 400,000 dollars and 50,000 dollars for expenses
B. 750,000 dollars and 50,000 dollars for expenses
C. 1,00,000 dollars and 100,000 dollars for expenses
D. 2,000,000 dollars and 500,000 dollars for expense