Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Monday, August 16, 2010

History is the past but it does help shape the future





I love history but I like to learn about the people that made the history happen. Hand me a person that lived over hundred years ago and I'm like a dog with a bone. I chew on it, bury it for a while then digging it up and go at it again. When you tell me a historical event... Yankee Doodle went to town riding on a pony... here is what goes through my mind... Why was he going to town? Why did he ride a pony instead of a horse? Why didn't he ride in a wagon? Was it a long way to town? Was anyone else with him?... I could go on and on but you get the point.
History is made by people just like me and you.
My husband is keeping history alive. Here are pictures of he Man-Cave.

1 comment:

Amy Jane said...

i love how you call your basement the man cave! XD