Check out Margaret I've put random pictures of my joys and below are my thoughts on finding joy
Finding Joy: This is such a simple action because it only takes opening you eyes to what is around you, opening your ears to sounds around you, opening your heart to beauty around you.
I have a life long friend that has decline in health and spirit the last five years. I picked her up early one morning (we both love to yard sale) and I promise you she looked like she hated everything and everybody. I took her to McDonald instead and bought her coffee and said sit. "Tell me where has all your joy went." I was not prepared for to the bitterness and sorrow that poured out the next two hours. To sum up her lack of joy... her life has not turned out like she planned it.
Errrr Hello ... you can't just plan it you have to live it... be active in the steps taken .. and stop crying when things happen... change them.
So I cried a river that day... sobs of heartache for a dear friend I couldn't help. Every plan I suggested was shot down...
Her..I want to travel but can't afford it...
Me..book a low cost trip in advance... plan it with the knowledge of how much you can spend. Doesn't your brother have a camper.... ask to borrow it that will cut cost in half
Her... we're not talking he hasn't called me in weeks
Me... have you called him?
Her... oh you always did take his side
Me ... sigh
Then I took the big plunge: I told her that her lack of happiness was a problem only she could fix. Thinking up excuses are so much easier that finding an achievable path to joy. I told her to start small... take a walk and look... really look at the beauty just outside her door.
I went home and hugged my husband, kids, grandkids, dogs and thought about hugging a chicken but thought better of it..... no joy in being pecked and getting chicken poop on you.
So finally, my thoughts on finding joy.... only you can do it... you can't find others joy. A person's joys are as different as fingerprints.
I"m going to list my top ten
1. Greeting the early morning ... with a cup of coffee in my hand I walk my yard to enjoy my flowers and throw the ball for my dogs then going to the barn
2. Feeding my chickens and cats... I get up one hour early to spend time with them before I go to work
3. Sitting on my front porch and napping... I have tons to do but everything else can wait
4. Finding a great book that I can't put down
5. yard sale and thrift store visits with friends or by myself
7. My family... their joys fill my heart... their joys are my joys
8. helping others... I deliver over 12 dozen eggs every week to elderly and single moms
9. Watching movies with my grandbabies... I;m the type person that watches a movie over and over...the babies broadens my selections... they will not watch a movie they've seen... except Harry Potter
10. finally but not last My husband... he makes me mad enough to spit but he is my joy