Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Word Power -- Widen Your Vocabulary




cryptic.... puzzling

Although his remarks appeared cryptic at first, we began to see how really pertinent they were.





importune...ask urgently

Although Eddie was not optimistic about his chances, he continued to importune his boss for a winter vacation.  


incredulous...skeptical

After I looked at the Yankee lineup, I was incredulous about their chances of winning.








propitious...favorable

At a propitious moment the flamboyant movie star made her grand entrance.


surreptitious... accomplished by secret

The scientists were alarmed by evidence of surreptitious German experiments.

1 comment:

Sheila Renfro said...

I'm beginning to think I need to increase my vocabulary!