Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

I'm so embarrassed



I've never understood why people want to dress up dogs. I was a dog groomer for over 25 years and I wish I had a dollar for every time someone wanted me to dye their dog, green, pink, a white poodle black , a black poodle white, purple, red, Alabama colors, Auburn colors and everything else you can think of...
Dye is not good for dogs, they lick their coats, their PH balance is different than ours and it will hurt their hair those are the PETA reasons... my reason is "It's a dog -- not and egg or a paint my number kit."
I lost customers because I would not do kinky things like shaving entire head except the Mohawk down the center of their head. When I say shave entire head, I mean ears and all on a cocker spaniel.

This picture is cute and doesn't hurt the dog but look at it, does the dog look happy.

No comments: