Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

I have hawks... again




My poor chickens were terrorized by hawks yesterday... one of my bantam hens disappeared... the other one has no tail feathers... I so hate to kill them. I'm leaving my chickens up in the coop for a few days to see if they'll go back to their regular territory...

I also saw a Great Horned Owl in my yard Friday evening. Now the owls don't bother my chickens because I put them up at night.

I let one of the local hunters run their coon dogs and they got four the first night... all just 500 yards from my chicken pen.

I'm surprise my chickens made it with so many predator around. One thing for sure, if the economy gets any worst... I won't go hungry!!! Squirrel stew anyone? HEHEHEHE

2 comments:

Irene Latham said...

Those chickens have certainly added excitement to your life, haven't they? :)

Patricia J. Weaver said...

Well you know what they say.... when you're old it doesn't take much to get you excited. :)