Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

No perfect writing days...




There are no perfect writing days... you can't plan an entire day for writing, you can't schedule a perfect writing day. I understand you can plan a day for writing but if creativity doesn't show up well you might write but it most likely be far from perfect. Perfect writing is spontaneous... ideas coming like beats of a bumblebee wing... fast and furious.

I've never been a great list follower or stick to the plan type. Oh, I make list to keep me grounded but if everything doesn't get done I'm not OCD staying up until all is done. I just pick up that pencil and erase the items I got done... renumber the ones I didn't and PRESTO I've got tomorrow's list.

The old saying "Stop to smell the roses." isn't really something I live by... nope I like to dig in the dirt around those rose bushes, prune the stems and take a moment to think about how they will look when they bloom.

Let's go for a ride or take the dogs and go explore the woods or maybe go for a swim... maybe we'll leave the swimming until the end of next month.

I guess what I'm trying to say is ... you can't plan a perfect day to do anything, you have to live that day and make it perfect.

1 comment:

Irene Latham said...

Spoken like a gal who has experienced some "perfect" days! Cute pic of all the Aussies. x0