Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Have you sent in your Census??


I'm one of those people that knock on doors of people that don't send back their Census.

Everyone has been very nice and helpful in finding addresses.

Could there be a romance story in a Census worker and tardy respondent?? It could happen. Not to me because I live with the love of my life but I did get asked out on a date.

4 comments:

Irene Latham said...

Now here is a story I've got to hear. :)
Sent mine in long ago.
You're right: kitten is a tortie. (you're thinking: of coures I'm right :)

Lori W. said...

Very pretty door. Someone knocked at mine because I was a tardy respondent but no romance ensued. I'd like to hear your story, though.

Patricia J. Weaver said...

Well, the first thing he said was "I've been drinking beer... is that okay?" Remember, Alabama on a Friday night. My response, "Do you feel you can answer the questions on the questionnaire?"
"Yep," he said. "Have a seat."
After the interview, his buddy that was drinking beer too asked, "What are you doing after you get finished tonight?"
I knew how old this good old boys were! "I'm going home to my husband," I answered.
"Well, would he mind if you go have a drink with someone else?" the friend asked.
Here comes the good part.... I'm twelve years older than this men! I played it up... "I'm old enough to be your mother, and I said I was married."
"You don't look that old you look like you could be our age." buddy said.
How these guys looked older than me. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry.
I would romance that up... and of course the Census taker would be the male (Ronnie)and the respondent would be my fictional me
Redneck good old boy that is slow talking and slow walking but never slow thinking and ME

Gail said...

Only YOU could find a tale like that to tell LOL