Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

I'm replenished in mind and renew in body

Sometimes it takes a situation to make you slow down and smell the roses.  Two weeks after my surgery, I was so sore it didn't bother me to be lazy.... But when that ended I nearly went crazy.  Now for those of you that don't know me, I only sleep 5 to 6 hours.... That leaves a long gap of time to fill.
It has been nearly six weeks now and I'm happy to report that my "to do" list is much shorter and I'm feeling great.
I was reading on the front porch yesterday, enjoying the rain that was falling and my wind chimes tinkling, and I realized that I felt calm... I mean really a peace with everything.  Maybe I can keep this going when I go back to work... Going to try.

I've been catching up on new released books, reading ( but I'm still a tough on author reader), writing, quilting and organizing  my cabinets.
I wish I had a magic pill that could give everyone this feeling.  Slow and easy really is better.
 These are not pictures of my porch but the tranquil feeling is the same.

No comments: