Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I have book fever...


Reading every night and I need to be cleaning, ironing, etc but what the heck that stuff will be there tomorrow.

I love the The Last Apprentice books by Joseph Delaney... I on book eight

I challenged my grandson to read 25 books this summer ... if he does he gets a 25.00 itunes card and then his parents sweetened the deal by saying they would match me. He has read 10 books so far.

If he can do it so can I... I think I can, I think I can

Here is my list to read. They are not in the order I will be reading them.

1. Demon Glass by Rachel Hawkins... this is book two in a series Hex Hall was the first one, loved it.

2. The Hanging Hill by Chris Grabenstein ... this is book two ... first one was the Crossroads... great read

3.Small Persons With Wings (they hate to be called fairies) by Ellen Booraem looks like a fun book

4. Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey

5. The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal liked this one because I've always said I was born a princess and was kidnapped...

6. Birth Marked by Caragh M. O'Brien

7. Flip by Martyn Bedford interesting book cover

8. Selling Hope by Kristin O'Donnell Tubb... if you read the first two pages you'll be hooked on this book. Love Kristin and can't wait to dive into Selling Hope

9. Where She Went by Gayle Forman... read If I Stay and couldn't stop telling people about it... looking forward to meeting her characters again

10.The Iron King by Julie Kagawa ... my writing buddy and friend told me I needed to read this book

11. The Shifter by Janice Hardy.. I met this author at a conference and picked up her book ... the second in the series is out and looks amazing... got to read the first one fast

12. Entwined by Heather Dixon read reviews and thought it sounded like a book I would like

13.Drought by Pam Bachorz... I've not read her other books but this book cover pulled me in and I found the book flap interesting

14. Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn


Okay if any of you are looking for a good book check out my list at your local bookstore.

The picture is a new book I found so interesting and the book trailer at

http://www.ransomriggs.com/blog/2011/5/31/miss-peregrine-book-trailer.html

I know I've not figured out how to post a link yet, copy and past but this trailer is WOW

So Ransom Riggs will be fifteen and the book is ordered. I'll let you know

No comments: