Writer on a Horse
And a Dog

The world looks better from the back of a horse and the roads of life are easier with a good dog beside you.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Old Saying.... If it rains on the first day of the month

It will rain fifteen days that month.... really?? We'll see won't we.  Ronnie showed me an old Farmer's Almanac that said how goes the weather on the first day of the year will be how the year will go... really?  I don't like all this gloom.... yes it was raining today... damp, cold day but everyone was going to stay inside today anyway and watch football, right.

If rain drops were kisses, everyone would dance in it.
If snowflakes were secrets, everyone one would raise their face to listen.

This week started my reduced work load... You better get ready Sandy girl... Thursday is going to be the day we meet for the first time this year.

I don't know about all of you but I ate too much today.  If black-eye peas are really for money ... well I'm going to be rich and if hog jowl is really for luck... look out Tunica... because I'll be so lucky I would bust the bank.

2 comments:

Sheila Renfro said...

I sure did miss not being there today! It was warm and sunny here.

Faith, Folklore, and Friends said...

My Grandma thought that the weather on the twelve days of Christmas represented the twelve months. If so, it looks like a rainy year! I still have that quilt pattern if you want it.